Water Leak, Knoxville, TN
While a sudden hike in your water bill is a very important indicator of a water leak on your Knoxville, TN property, there are several other warning signs you should be aware of.
Damaged pipes, clogged drains, corroded water systems, hidden cracks. There are many reasons water leaks begin inside a home. While some are minimal and easy to fix, others lead to substantial, costly repairs. If a leak goes undetected, you could be facing major water damage. Some water leaks have even been known to cause damage to the foundation of a home.
Some water leaks do not cause damage. These are the invisible, slow leaks within the toilet, shower, or sink. However, these types of leaks shouldn’t be neglected. Invisible water leaks could be costing you more than you think. Leaking toilet pipes could be costing you almost $1,000 a year on your water bill. Slow drips are also a major water cost. If you have noticed a sudden increase in your water bill, it is best to seek the help of a qualified professional to check your home for a pricey water leak.
Why You Should Resolve a Water Leak Promptly
If you have noticed signs that you have a water leak in your Knoxville, Tennessee home, it is important to find the source and get it resolved as quickly as possible. That includes thoroughly drying or replacing water damaged materials. Here is why you should resolve a water leak promptly.
- Water Cost- If you are on municipal water and sewer lines, you aren’t just paying extra for water that is lost with a water leak. You are also paying for the same amount to go to the sewer system even if it isn’t going there.
- Mold- It only takes 24 to 48 hours for mold to begin growing where there is a water leak, and the longer you go before resolving the leak, the more mold colonies can get started and result in a costlier mold remediation process.
- Increase in Leak- Sometimes a small water leak progresses to a larger one, resulting in more water damage, more water cost, and more mold.
- Electricity- If you get your water from a private well, when you have a water leak, it causes the well pump to turn on more often, resulting in a higher electric bill. It also puts more wear on the pump so it would need to be replaced sooner than usual if you let a water leak go unresolved for a long period of time.
- Added Water Damage- The longer it takes to resolve a water leak, the more water damage occurs, resulting in additional repair costs.
- Humidity- A water leak increases the humidity in your home, causing discomfort and making your HVAC system work harder.
While a sudden hike in your water bill is a very important indicator of a water leak, there are several other warning signs you should be aware of.
These can include:
- Sounds of running water in your pipes even when your water is turned off
- Signs of standing water in or around your home
- A moldy or musty smell
- Strange stains on your walls, flooring, cupboards, etc.
If you are located in the Knoxville, TN area and you suspect a water leak in your home or office, contact us at AdvantaClean of West Knoxville as soon as possible. Our qualified technicians can quickly identify water leaks, determine a cause, and repair the problem before it gets out of hand. It is important that you seek professional help in order to prevent mold growth and further property damage caused by a water leak.