Mold Damage, Knoxville, TN
Mold damage means more than physical damage to your property—it also potentially means damage to your health. Mold damage can occur very quickly after flooring, walls or other home materials are exposed to water damage and are not dried up in a quick and efficient manner. Mold will start to grow in untreated, water damaged areas after 72 hours. At AdvantaClean of West Knoxville, our service professionals can detect, locate and test your property to identify any mold damage and make further plans for mold damage removal.
Mold that is not properly removed may lead to respiratory problems and / or allergic reactions. Depending on the type of mold present, it may also produce mycotoxins, which pose grim risks to human inhabitants, including serious neurological issues. In some extreme cases, mold exposure can be fatal.
Some common symptoms related to the presence of mold in a property include the following:
- Chronic coughing
- Chronic tiredness
- Sinus pain/inflammation
- Itchy eyes
- Frequent sneezing
When our service professionals conduct mold inspections, we will address the moisture problem and use specialized equipment to dry, contain, and safely remove any mold damage. We will also do a thorough search for any signs of recurring water damage or visible mold or odors. We make sure that our job is thorough and that you are completely satisfied with our services.
What Items with Mold Damage Should Be Thrown Away?
When you experience mold in your Knoxville, Tennessee home, it is understandable that you want to save as many items that have mold damage as possible. While items that have a solid surface are usually able to be saved, as well as some clothing, many other items cannot be. Here are a few of the items that will unfortunately need to be thrown away if they’ve been damaged by mold.
- Electronics and Appliances- If mold has affected the electronic systems, these items are likely too damaged to salvage. However, it is best to have us check them out before you send them to the landfill, just in case.
- Upholstered Furnishings- It is nearly impossible to completely restore upholstered sofas, chairs, mattresses, box springs, and other furniture once it has suffered mold damage.
- Carpeting and Padding- Mold damage cannot be successfully removed from carpeting or the carpet pad underneath.
- Paper Products- Toss out all papers, books, magazines, and other paper products. If you have sentimental items, such as photo albums or a family Bible, you may feel that the extra cost involved in freeze-drying them is worth it, but not so much for other paper products.
- Food- Any food that has come in contact with mold or flood water should be thrown away.
Keep in mind that sometimes an item with mold damage can be cleaned and restored, but replacing the item may be more cost-effective. We will always go over the mold damage cleaning costs with you so that you can determine whether something is worth saving.
Our team at AdvantaClean of West Knoxville serves the Knoxville, TN area. We are licensed and highly experienced when it comes to professional mold removal. We offer 24-hour services and accept major credit cards as payment. We also work with insurance companies in the case that an insurance claim has been made pertaining to property damages.
If you are concerned about possible mold damage affecting your property, give us a call today at AdvantaClean in Knoxville, TN.